Climate Change Specialist Services
Since its establishment in 2000, IMBEWU has been involved, both nationally and internationally, in the climate change legal arena.
Our services include;
- climate change policy and strategy development (for both private and public sectors);
- assistance with EIAs and other authorisation processes, where relevant, for South African greenhouse gas mitigation projects;
- regular updates on developments in national and international climate change law and policy;
- contractual advice relating to climate change issues; and
- drafting of carbon contracts, including:
- Emission Reduction Purchase Agreements (ERPAs) for the purchase and sale of carbon credits; and
- Project Development Contracts and Co-operation Agreements aimed at promoting efficient project implementation.