Other Legal Advisory and Consulting Servicesadmin
Other Legal Advisory and Consulting Services
IMBEWU provides a wide range of environmental legal advisory and consulting services. Other areas of work include:
- process-related advice regarding environmental authorisation requirements, including assistance in interacting with regulatory authorities;
- environmental legal reviews of environmental management plans and programmes;
- assistance in the preparation of guideline documents for government departments; and
- general environmental and health & safety legal compliance and regulatory advice including on inter alia the compliance requirements in the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act 28 of 2002 and the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996.
Assistance in Drafting and Reviewing Corporate Sustainability Reports
- IMBEWU personnel have completed the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Certified Training Programme. This coupled with their extensive experience in conducting environmental legal compliance evaluations enables IMBEWU to provide valuable assistance in drafting the compliance related components of Corporate Sustainability Reports. We are also well positioned to review the adequacy of Sustainability Reports by measuring these against the GRI requirements.
Corporate Sustainability Advisory Services
- We have substantial experience in identifying key environmental legal compliance considerations for corporates, including risks associated with legal non-compliance (both to the corporate entity and its directors). We are well placed to provide boards of directors with specialist sustainability advisory services, intended to assist the board in meeting the standards of King III and to otherwise ensure that environmental legal compliance obligations are identified, key areas of risk are determined and responded to and that appropriate strategic guidance is available to the board. Apart from environmental legal compliance, the board should also be kept aware of developing compliance trends and the current and pending legal compliance-related opportunities that exist, to allow for appropriate strategic planning.
- We are able to review environmental impact assessment reports so as to identify any gaps or risks, pursuant to an application for an environmental authorisation, atmospheric emissions licence, waste management licence, water use licence or other environmental permit.