Renewable Energy Workshop
Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, IMBEWU is offering an online training workshop on the environmental legal processes applicable to renewable energy projects.
The workshop will cover the following key issues:
- Key required environmental licences, permits and authorisations.
- Applications for amendments to existing licences, permits and authorisations.
- Managing appeals and judicial reviews against the issuing of environmental authorisations and key appeal and judicial review decisions.
- Operational environmental legal compliance.
- Environmental aspects of due diligence investigations.
IMBEWU will present the course online along with video recordings, power point slides and resource materials. Course participants will also be given the opportunity to, via email, direct any questions relating specifically to the content of the workshop to the course presenter, who will respond via return email within 24 hours of receipt of the query.
The course material will be available for subscription in May 2020. Once full payment of R2 250.00 (excluding VAT) has been made, the course participant will be provided with a weblink, username and password to access the course material for a limited period of time, as well as detailed instructions on how to access the material. It will be the responsibility of the course participant to ensure that they have a strong and reliable internet connection.
Alistair Young, IMBEWU’s Senior Sustainability Legal Consultant, will be presenting the workshop. Alistair has run a number of workshops on various aspects of environmental law and has many years of experience in providing environmental legal advice on renewable energy projects. For a copy of Alistair’s CV, please go here.
Please see the course programme for further information.