SHE Legal Compliance Evaluations (“Audits”)
IMBEWU undertakes Environmental and Health and Safety Legal Compliance Evaluations (or “Audits”) for a wide range of mining and industrial operations throughout South Africa. Our audits assist our clients to comply with applicable national and municipal law, ISO 14 001 and/or internal legal compliance benchmarks on an ongoing basis.
Our audits are designed to identify areas of non-compliance in a company’s operation, provide an overview of the risks associated therewith and outline recommendations on how to effectively address these going forward.
Our audits assess a company’s compliance based on feedback from relevant personnel and our findings flowing from a site visit, document review and interview process.
We conduct general audits as well as project-specific audits. We further conduct audits which assess compliance with the conditions of a specific environmental authorisation, or a suite thereof. This latter service has been prompted by certain environmental authorisations now requiring that an external service provider assess compliance with the attached conditions.
We have developed a new electronic audit audit program that has made our environmental legal compliance audits faster, more user-friendly and significantly more cost effective. The electronic audit program enables clients to easily identify possible non-compliances with applicable environmental legislation and ascertain the most appropriate corrective measures to implement.
Key features of this program to be utilised by our lawyers when conducting audits:
- Initial audit checklist results in irrelevant legal requirements being automatically excluded
- Multiple user capabilities
- Can be loaded to hand held devices
- Audit report is automatically generated
- Audit report includes photographs from site inspections
- Executive summary and pie chart shows the current state of compliance
- Auditee can record corrective actions and assign responsible personnel